Wednesday 28 January 2009

Get Involved...

I made the decision today to 'expand the blogs horizons' (if blogs have horizons(?))

So what does this mean?

It means that i no longer want the blog to be about just music, but more about independant creativity as a movement and a culture.

At the moment, the blog is a bit one sided (albeit - due to my initial idea of what i wanted the blog to be) towards Hip-Hop, but i want to take this oppurtunity to remind everyone that it is for all genres of music.

I want this to be a place where unknown, non famous, unheard of but talented people can share their work and gain some helpful constructive criticism, a little bit of exposure (I'm not sure exactly how many - if any - people regularly read the blog) and hopefully a new fan or two.

Going back to what i said about 'independant creativity.' This basically means anything. Any form of creativity that you have made a conscious decision to do. This could be -

Art
Film making
Acting
Writing
Poetry

Obviously, i wouldn't necessarily be able to review things that came under these areas but i would certainly offer my opinion and post your work.

I plan to do alot more networking (a much more sophisticated way of saying i'm going to get people to put my link on their website) in the near future to get a bit more traffic. I had a thought on the way home from work tonight that i might get some stickers printed up in white with just the blog address on it and just start slapping them on the inside of tube trains.

Sidebar - A nifty marketing tip for you if you work in the city or travel on trains or buses to/from work. Pick up the nearest free newspaper (Metro/London Paper/London Lite) and in every and any free space you can find - write your MySpace/website/blog address. I've been doing this for the last 3 months - mainly out of habit and a few weeks ago i actually had some people add me on MySpace who said they'd got the URL from my newspaper scrawlings!

So - if you're an Emcee, BeatMaker, Producer, Instrumentalist, DJ, Singer, Band, Photographer, Artist (of any kind) FilmMaker, Writer, Actor/Actress, Comedian -

Drop me an e-mail - what have you got to lose?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails