Saturday 9 January 2010

E. Daney



E. Daney is an unsigned artist from Harlem, NY. There's two tracks of his on offer for you today;

"Turn It Up" has a nice beat of some synth chords, piano keys that come in and some pretty simplistic drum programming which works well with the rest of the track. I have to say that honestly this type of track usually isn't my thing but I was feeling this one. It reminded me a little of Jay-Z's "What We Talkin' Bout?" from The Blueprint 3 and i think this track would work well in the same way, placed at the start of an album.

"Hoodlife" is more downbeat but manages to hit just as hard with a nice catchy hook as E. Daney speaks about his motivation over a beat of piano keys, some strings and once again - pretty simple drum patterns which is a good move here in my opinion as it allows for the verses to take centre stage. My only criticism of this track is that it's perhaps a touch too long weighing in at 4:10 but that doesn't take anything away from the quality of the track which in terms of audio quality, lyrics and music, is very high.

I was very impressed by both tracks and hope to hear more from E. Daney in the near future.

Get "Turn It Up" HERE
Get "Hood Life" HERE
Add E. Daney on MySpace HERE
Follow E. Daney on Twitter HERE

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails